Friday, April 16, 2010

On The Eve Of A Move

There is something to be said for permanence --- Dwelling in the same place until the dust piles on dust (monumentally) in the unseen (unreachable) corners of the residence, like the memories -- but less fleeting...

It's only when you move, pull up stakes, switch homes, leave for a new address, etc., that the accumulation of "stuff" -- which was your life -- becomes evident...

And then, you are faced with this simple choice:

(1) Do I carry (literally) the piles of my past to the new place?

Or...

(2) Do I pitch them into a dumpster?

I suppose it comes down to the strength of your back, your energy level, and/or how much you want to pay the movers.

So, I get to do a triage, of sorts, on the things which have been generated by my live (and the lives of my family) --- And each object parted-with, feels like a small death.

No comments:

Post a Comment