Monday, October 11, 2010

In Memorium: Happy Mondays

In your youth,
Did you Rave?
Disco-trance,
Feeding the crave...
Marching fearless
To the pounding late-80's beat,
Fun-frantic, peerless,
Chemicals, body-heat,
In the smoky haze
Of darkness and flashing lights,
Music-bending nights & days,
Stinky fingers, drunken fights,
Getting-off 1,000 ways...
Did you Rave while young?
Or will it be the
Only song you've sung?
Age is no excuse
Not to cut-loose,
DIVE into the
Techno-funky tunes!
Why not?
All that's ahead are ruins.

2 comments:

  1. John, Your poetry or is it Haiku grows in depth and subtlety with every post. Perhaps I am wrong but I sense despair is in your heart. This is a troubled broken world,we all live under a sentence of death,our awesome human potential squandered in futile pursuits and desires. You told me recently of your Christian foundations, do you think we may be truly in the final scenes of the eternal epic struggle of good and evil. I grow evermore convicted in my heart that we are. And yet I know that we move beyond this world to an eternal destiny of our own making and choice. I do not seek golden crowns or mansions I only desire that Gods destiny for his children will be a world with much of the beauty and wonder of this one. But perfect as God long ago created it. That our greatest gift will be that lost innocence, that we will love as it was to have been,where we were always destined to be. That is the slender reed I grasp. Gods Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind thoughts! We may not be in the final stages, but I think all would agree that humans are changing the fragile planet we all live on, and there is no guarantee will will all have enough air to breath and food to eat in the future --- I feel afraid for what the children of your beloved grandsons will face...

    ReplyDelete