Saturday, August 20, 2011

Seven From Across The River

1. Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them. (George Eliot)

2. Let no one weep for me, or celebrate my funeral with mourning; for I still live, as I pass to and fro through the mouths of men. (Quintus Ennius)

3. Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

4. A friend who dies, it's something of you who dies. (Gustave Flaubert)

5. Because of indifference, one dies before one actually dies. (Elie Wiesel)

6. Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatsoever to do with it. (W. Somerset Maugham)

7. Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order. (David Gerrold)

No comments:

Post a Comment