Friday, October 22, 2010

Volunteers



I try to make plans --- I really do,
Eat breakfast, get ready,
Embark on actions, follow-through,
Pursue what I yearn,
Achieve results, slow and steady,
And put in the bank,
What small money I earn…

But there’s times when I hit
A wall, and stop,
Hard to describe, it
Is like strength and energy
Weaken and drop,
Into lethargy
So numbing, that
While perfectly able,
I can’t even clean-up my table…

Maybe it’s depression
From knowing,
That my best-laid plans can fail,
A nagging suspicion,
The seeds I planted aren’t growing….

But wait!
What’s with those sunflowers?
Golden, glorious,
Growing along the fence,
Tall and straight…
Volunteers, not planted intentionally,
Random gifts from life’s powers,
Which uplift, steadily,
That hopeful, fragile part of me,
Gently and happily,
Away from the dull-dark hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment